Relieve Your Tooth Pain With a Root Canal
The term “root canal” doesn’t typically bring pleasant things to mind. However, the fact is that a root canal is an effective way to alleviate pesky tooth pain. It is one of the most common endodontic procedures, meaning that it is related to your teeth’s nerves and roots. At Woodland Park Dental Group, we can handle root canals in our office.
Do I Need a Root Canal?
The best way to tell if you need a root canal is to consult your dentist. It’s a good idea to ask your dentist about the procedure if:
- Your tooth’s color is appearing darker than usual.
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot and cold.
- You are experiencing tenderness or swelling close to teeth.
- You feel intense and persistent pain in your teeth, particularly when you put pressure on an area.
The Root Canal Procedure
Depending on your case, your regular dentist may be able to perform your Woodland Park root canal procedure. In some instances, you will be referred to an endodontist.
Here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- Your dentist or endodontist will take x-rays of your affected tooth or teeth to determine the full scope of the issue.
- Using a local anesthetic, the dental professional will numb the are to keep you from feeling pain throughout the procedure.
- An incision will be made at the top of your tooth so the dentist can clear out decayed pulp that may be present.
- Your dentist will determine if they should fill in the hole and seal it, or leave it open to drain.
Schedule a Woodland Park Root Canal
Our unique and comprehensive dental team is great for busy people since we can handle many services in-house! Our dentists can determine if you need a root canal and handle it in our office or refer you out to an endodontist when needed. To schedule an appointment, call our office at 719-387-0472 or fill out an appointment request form.