You Don’t Have to Live With Missing Teeth!
Are you embarrassed about missing or damaged teeth? You are not alone. Over 100 million adults are missing teeth.
Dental implants can be the ideal solution for those who are missing teeth or are looking for the last step in their tooth extraction process. The base of an implant is a small rod made of titanium that a dentist inserts into your lower or upper jaw bone. This stands in for the root structure of a natural tooth. Once your bone fills in around the rod, it acts as a sturdy foundation for an over-denture, bridge, or crown.
Dental implants require the same care as normal teeth, so you will need to continue dental cleanings every six months. These check-ups, along with good oral hygiene habits like brushing and flossing, can help your implants last a lifetime.
Benefits of Implants
If you are looking for an alternative to dentures or a solution to a missing tooth, implants could be a great solution. There are a host of benefits to dental implants, including:
- Reducing wrinkles on your face, giving you a younger appearance.
- Acting as a solid alternative to dentures without the hassle of pastes or glues.
- Replacing your teeth by attaching to your bone, resulting in a natural feel and appearance.
- Securing dentures for a more comfortable fit.
- Helping prevent bone loss and gum recession.
- Simplifying everyday activities like chewing, eating, talking, and smiling.
- Providing a reliable, long-term dental solution that can last a lifetime!
Types of Implants
When you choose to get implants, there are a few choices available. Learn more below:
Oftentimes, missing teeth are a result of gum disease, or periodontal disease. Learn more about gum disease here.
Schedule a Woodland Park Implant Consultation
If you are ready to find out more about implants at Woodland Park Dental Group, you can fill out a form online or call our office at 719-387-0472. We have a periodontist on staff who specializes in treating gum disease, and our oral surgeon can complete your implant procedure.